June 16, 2010

Busy little bee

I have been sewing and quilting like mad, trying to make it through a bunch of projects that I had put off until summer.  There are three different projects below.  The first one - Red and White Whirlygiggle - was the very first quilt I saw on crazymomquilts in early 2009, and I've been wanting to make one ever since!  I quilted it in a window pane pattern - just about 1/4" from either side of each seam - and I am absolutely in love with it.  It measures about 40"x50", so it's not too big but would make a nice picnic blanket for two!  I thought about putting it up for sale in the shop, but I can't part with it.  I love it too much.

Front

Detail of front with window pane quilting

Back

The second quilt is one that my friend Dixie asked me to make for her.  She requested "purples" and "masculine" (she's so kind to her husband!) so I hope it delivers!  I really like the gray and the dark indigo.  The yellow on the back lightens the quilt up a little bit, but isn't too bright or feminine in my opinion.  It measures about 45"x45".

Front

Back

Quilt number three is another commissioned one - a baby boy quilt in blues and greens!  I was inspired by, of all things, a diaper bag (don't be weirded out, Allison!).  From the front, you can't see the quilting but I followed the lines of the center panel.  It shows up better on the back, and I am in love with this little softie!  Final size is approximately 42"x42".

Front

Back

I'm a busy little bee!  I've got three more commissions I'm working on ... one top is completely pieced.  The other two are in varying stages of planning.  I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment